We welcome you.
Imagine waking up to a golden sunrise over a glassy lake, taking a walk amongst beautiful landscaping and flowers, sitting in a comfortable chair surrounded by gorgeous architecture, participating in an enthusiastic brainstorming session in an inspirational environment, or simply enjoying the peace and quiet of a tranquil setting away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Saint Benedict Center is perfect for:
- Church groups, boards, teachers, planning committees, Bible study groups
- Business groups
- Quilting or scrapbooking groups
- College students (organizations, classes, research, etc.)
- Friendship groups
- Marriage retreats
- Silent retreats
- Strategic planning retreats
- Book writing and journaling groups
- Renewal weekends
- Your group!
We invite you and your organization to rely on us for a successful and memorable retreat.
Amenities and Services
Don’t fall into routine when planning your next outing. Think outside the box. The beautifully designed modern space provided by Saint Benedict Center is a perfect location for any educational, professional, personal, or spiritual gathering. Don’t pay hand over fist for a hotel or civic center. SBC is an outstanding value with competitive rates. With comfortable beds, private bathrooms, laundry amenities, an on-site gym, WIFI in all public areas and in most of the guest rooms, and much more you and your group will surely be comfortable.
Please call for an appointment to tour the facility and to speak with our helpful conference staff.
+ Conference Facilities Details
- Free wireless internet
- Guest computers with internet access
- Large assembly area for up to 300 people
- Smaller conference rooms
- Audio-visual room
- Lounge areas for small gatherings or breakout sessions
- Spacious sun room with fireplace and windows overlooking the lake, for relaxation or informal gatherings
- PowerPoint projectors, TV/VCR/DVD and CD players, overhead and slide projectors, and other presentation tools available
- Delicious, home cooked meals from our own kitchen
- Beautiful dining rooms overlooking a small lake
- Park with trees, bushes and flowers surrounding the Center
- 18 single and 42 double guest rooms (a total of 102 beds available), each with private bathroom and air conditioning
- free laundry facilities and exercise room
- free high speed internet in guest rooms
At St. Benedict Center, our kitchen staff prepares fresh quality meals to compliment your retreat experience. A tasty full breakfast is offered if there are ten or more people requesting meals. Otherwise, a continental breakfast is available. Lunch and dinner (if there are twelve or more people requesting meals) both include a salad bar, an entrée and dessert. A variety of hot and cold beverages is available 24/7.
- Gluten Free – Although we cannot provide 100% gluten free prepared meals, at St. Benedict Center many of our meals are gluten free friendly. As an alternative to our entrée prepared for all retreatants a salad bar is provided at lunch and dinner.
- Vegetarian – Although we do not provide a vegetarian entrée specifically, we do offer a full salad bar with cheeses, beans and peanut butter to provide protein with your meal.
- Dairy Free – You are welcome to bring dairy free alternatives that can be placed in one of the refrigerators around the Center that are available to our guests.
- Other dietary needs – Please feel free to bring any special foods or beverages you want, or need, on retreat with you. We ask that they are in appropriate containers for storage and refrigeration. We also offer several microwaves for warming up food.
It is important to book your reservation early to ensure you get the date and conference room that works best for your group. We have groups that book a year or longer in advance. When you call the Saint Benedict Center, please have some date options in mind.
+ Booking Details
We will ask you the name of your group, the type of retreat you will be having (silent, business, prayer, quilting, etc.), the number of participants you expect to attend, your arrival and departure times and the meals you plan on having while here. We will give you pricing for the lodging and meals. One conference room for the size of your group is free with your reservation. We can also set aside Chapel time if your group would like to use our large Chapel while you are here.
Once a date is decided we will send you a Facilities Reservation Agreement. This is the contract that will confirm your reservation. Once the contract is signed and returned we will make sure everything is in place to make your retreat a success.
Don’t hesitate! We invite you and your organization to rely on us for all your conference needs. Experience the beauty, tranquility, and inspiration of Saint Benedict Center.
Saint Benedict Center is nationally recognized for its exquisite hospitality and comfortable overnight accommodations. Let us help you plan a successful overnight/weekend retreat for your group. Whether you are envisioning a church group meeting, business conference, silent retreat, renewal weekend, quilting or scrapbooking get-together, book writing or journaling group, or any other event, we have the perfect setting for you. SBC is extremely versatile and can accommodate your unique getaway.
Each group is assigned a conference room according to the size of the group free of charge. Also available are break-out areas, top of the line presentation tools and equipment, delicious full-service buffet meals, 24-hour beverage station, refrigerator and microwave for guest use, laundry facilities, free high-speed internet access, a chapel for use by all faiths, and assistance in the planning process to make your event successful.
Call and ask for Anita, our Group Coordinator, for more details and assistance.
Bringing your group to Saint Benedict Center is the perfect solution for planning your day retreat. We have all the amenities for your employees to have a brain storming session or a "day away" to use as a strategic planning session. Let Saint Benedict Center provide the surroundings as you accomplish your group's goals — as well as enjoy a delicious buffet lunch.
Have you ever considered having your group arrive a day earlier or spend the weekend at the Center? Some benefits of such an extended stay would be richer group interaction, more detailed discussions, a deeper understanding of purpose, and a true escape from the pressure and stress of the office. Consider inspiring your company for today and for the future.
Saint Benedict Center is a masterpiece of modern architecture. The Center's museum, which highlights the work of Missionary Benedictines worldwide, and commons areas feature a large Madonna collection with statues from the Americas, Asia, Europe, and Africa. Visitors can explore and appreciate unique artwork from many countries around the world, especially Tanzania, South Africa, Korea, China, the Philippines, and Peru.
The Center is open year round, except for public holidays and for a period around Christmas. Tours for groups are arranged by appointment only. Adult groups are $2 per adult. Youth groups and children are free. Most days, lunch is available for an additional fee.
Please contact the front desk for available dates and times.
Room Rates (2016) per person, per night:
Single Occupancy: Adult $44, Youth $39
Double Occupancy: Adult $36, Youth $31
Breakfast: Adult $7.25, Youth $7.25
Lunch: Adult $9.95, Youth $8.95
Dinner: Adult $9.45, Youth $8.45
Conference Room Rates
- One conference room provided free (adequate for the size of your group)
- Additional conference rooms range between $30-$60 per day
- Small breakout areas along Main Concourse are free if available
Facility Use Fee
- Commuters (non-overnight guests) are charged an additional $ 7.00 per day ($ 4.00 if less than 4 hours)
Directed and Individual Retreats
- $70.65 per day (includes guest room, 3 meals) plus lodging/sales taxes
- Suggested donation of $25.00 per Spiritual Direction
- 7-day notice required for a Directed Retreat
Prices effective January 1 - December 31, 2017
Sales and Lodging Tax will be added if tax exempt number is not provided
Youth prices are for 5 yrs through high school, 4 yrs and under are free